SimpleStudy® Subject Guides

Leaving Certificate History Examination & Revision

The Leaving Certificate History Exam is a important exam for students studying History for their Leaving Cert. History is a huge subject with one of the largest curriculums among Higher Level Leaving Certificate subjects. Ireland’s Leaving Cert History Course is comprised of two parts, a Research Study Report (RSR), and Paper Examination. History’s Research Study Report is worth 20% of the overall grade, while the History Paper Exam carries the remaining 80%. SimpleStudy offers exclusive revision tools and learning resources for Leaving Certificate History. Revision Notes, Past Exams, Timed Questions by topic, and other unique features usually reserved for private schools or expensive tutors.

SimpleStudy® H1 Revision Notes

Leaving Cert History Notes

History Revision Notes; study beautiful, concise and carefully curated learning materials. SimpleStudy’s LC History Notes are broken down into curriculum focused topics, already highlighted, and structured for easy recall in an exam environment.

Leaving Cert History Notes Showcase Image

SimpleStudy® Past Papers

Leaving Cert History Exams

History Exams; Easily study years of LC History Past Papers and marking schemes. Build custom History Exams or Tests from previous History exam questions with marking schemes for each answer. Studying History exam papers, marking schemes and building custom exams is effective & easy with SimpleStudy.

Leaving Cert History Exams Showcase Image

SimpleStudy® Questions by topic

Leaving Cert History Questions

Leaving Cert History Questions; Explore LC History state exam questions. SimpleStudy’s History questions are divided by topic, timed, and offer a marking scheme for each question. Easily study previous History questions, pick your topic, and simulate the exam environment with our unique timer for each History question.

Leaving Cert History Questions Showcase Image

SimpleStudy® Quiz by topic

Leaving Cert History Quizzes

Leaving Cert History Quizzes; Unique LC History quizzes designed for each topic. Practice multiple choice LC History quizzes built to replicate short form exam questions. Pick a History quiz, answer each quiz question, and review your results; check what answers you got, how long the quiz took you, and try to beat your high score.

Leaving Cert History Quizzes Showcase Image

SimpleStudy® Essays

Leaving Cert History Essays

H1 Leaving Cert History Essays; study perfect History sample Essays. Concise and curated for specific LC History Essay questions. SimpleStudy’s LC History essays allows you read full Essays for key exam questions. Review exclusive History essays and get full marks in your Leaving Cert History Exam with Simplestudy’s sample Essays.

Leaving Cert History Essays Showcase Image

Leaving Cert History topics to explore

LBJ & Vietnam


Charles Parnell


97% of our students report improved grades

Whether you want an A+ or just less stress, we work with exam experts to help you study.

Already have an account? Log in